Scroll down for more events and information
Racing Season Information
(subject to changes)
- Safety and sign-ins are from 7:30 - 9am and the pit meeting is at 9:15. You need to be signed in by 9am or you start your heat races at the back.
- Safety will be conducted by the Safety Director
- Fuel is 89 Octane from the 76 station at 740 E. Main St. (just west of the fairgrounds)
- Cost is $20 per car and everyone will pay a 1 time-per-year $10 family maintenance fee
- We'll run 2 sets of heats and 1 set of mains per class
- Make sure your safety gear is up to date with all of the correct tags in place. Seat belts have a 2 year expiration, Hans devices have a 5 year expiration
Rain Out Policy
we usually won't call the races off until it's obvious we won't be able to get the races in. We won't call them off based on the forecast but will wait until rain is falling and the track is saturated beyond repair. If we do call the races off, we will send out an email, post it on the club's Facebook page, and send a message to the club's Webmaster who will post it on the club's website.
- In the event we start signing cars in and then the races rain out, you will receive a full refund of your entry fee.
- In the event we start the first heat race but haven't started the first main, you will receive 50% of your sign in fees back. In addition, all classes that have been completed will receive points earned up to that point.
- In the event the green flag drops on the first A main, no refunds of entry fees will be given. Points will still be awarded for heat races in the classes that have been completed.
- Showing up and signing in will count towards the 5 race minimum in order to qualify for end of season awards.
- A race day is considered complete once the green flag drops on the first A main (no make-ups).
- If a race rains out, the make-up race will be the first available make-up date on the schedule.
The re-scheduled TaQM Day was a success with 40 kids turning out.
Check back for a possibility of another event later this year!
2017 Try A Quarter Midget Day
NOTICE - 1/13/17
The Winter Blast event has been cancelled
2017 WINTER BLAST
Check the Winter Blast page for the list of past winners
2016 15th Annual Mudslinger Shootout list of class winners
TRY A QUARTER MIDGET DAY!!!!!
Check the schedule page or calendar for details on these great events! It's a wonderful service and opportunity provided by the members if the I-5 QMC to give all children ages 5-16 the chance to get in a quarter midget and take a few laps! Be careful though! Once they are buckled in, they're hooked on racing!
Below is an email sent to Pres Kyle White from a family that came to the ride day. This is what makes QM racing so great!
My kids and I would like to thank you and your club for putting on a great event on Saturday! Our family is in the beginning stages of getting our 3 kids into racing. They have all expressed interest in getting into the sport and we wanted to let them experience sitting in the cars before we spend the money to purchase one.
Plain and simple, we all had a blast! All 3 kids have been bitten by the racing bug hard, and that makes this former racing mama very happy! Your club was very friendly and professional. I greatly appreciated the care taken to ensure safety for everyone. Even though you were all quite busy keeping things flowing smoothly, one of your members did take a few moments to answer questions about how quarter midget racing has been for their family and gave a general idea of their average expenses. You have a very nice facility, and it is obvious that there is a great amount of club pride.
Thanks again for a great experience and to opening your club up to the public! You may be hearing from us soon!